SVG Files optimized for Glowforge Laser. NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT.
This makes a great night light for a child’s room. Laser time approx 20 minutes, 3 sheets 3mm baltic birch or 3 sheets medium draftboard
- 3mm B/BB Baltic Birch (2.95-3.05mm actual for no glue fit) OR Glowforge Proofgrade Medium Draftboard (3.1-3.2mm actual for no glue fit)
- 7.5mil PET Sheet (for diffuser)
- Wood Glue (Recommend Titebond II)
- CA Glue (Optional, thin recommended)
- Small Zip Ties (4in White shown)
- LED Light Strip (recommend width 8-12mm, uses approx. 1.5m)
Tips for success
- Allow glue on front assembly to cure before attaching rear assembly
- Install LED light strip before attaching front assembly
- Adhesive on LED strips do not hold up over time; use adhesive on LED Strip to hold in place for assembly, use zip ties to permanently secure
- Insert zip ties so the locking mechanism is closest to finished front so you don’t see them in the finished light
These files are Commercial Use License.
You MAY sell physical items made from these files You MAY NOT sell or distribute the files, instructions, or included pictures in any way.
Attribution is not required, but thank-yous and shout outs are always appreciated.
This light was inspired by a trip to the zoo. We needed decor for my daughter’s new big girl bedroom, so I designed this light. Building the light was an activity for us to do together.
More Lasers Designs:
If you like this design you might be interested in some of my other laser posts