Inspired by a window in the Court of the Lions at Alhambra in Granada, Spain. Designed in Fusion 360, cut from 3mm baltic birch.
Outside dimensions: 5 inches by 5 inches by 11 inches tall
- Peeling the mask on these is tedious because the tiny pieces rip. Using gorilla tape and really mashing it onto the mask makes peeling so much faster. I use a roller brayer to really get the tape to stick.
- The stencil sheet diffuser can be cut with the laser, but scissors or a paper cutter is much faster.
- Use masking tape to align the diffuser before gluing it down
Bulb selection makes a HUGE difference with this style of lamp. If you don’t like the look at first, try a different style of bulb.
- 3 mm x 12 x 12 Inch Baltic Birch Plywood, Box of 45 B/BB Grade by Woodpeckers
- Paper Transfer Tape for Vinyl, 12 inch x 100 feet
- Plug-in Light Cord – 6ft with Plug, E26 Socket – White
- 7.5 Mil Blank Stencil Sheets, Milky White Translucent (12 x 12 inch)
- CA Glue with Spray Adhesive Activator
More Lasers Designs:
If you like this design you might be interested in some of my other laser posts